We haven’t posted much game news lately, we are working on that, however, we have an update from an Indie Developer we are following closely. Yanim Studio has released some news on their in-development title, Red Goddess which was successfully funded via Kickstarter . Read on for the latest news on this game studio and their title, Red Goddess
DISCOVER RED GODDESS
Red Goddess is a nonlinear side-scroller platformer with combat and stealth situations in an adventure to explore the inner-mind of a Young Goddess with the objective of remembering and recovering her own powers. In Red Goddess, you play as a troubled deity named Divine, who feels confused and haunted by her past. Something mysterious and unknown is tearing her apart from the inside out, destroying her mind, her soul and Divine herself! The journey begins when Divine decides to right this wrong by exploring her own subconscious, where she will discover a planet within her own mind made up of mountains, forests, caves and perils unknown.
We’re an indie developer “Yanim Studio” primarily known as a high-end character animation and visual effects studio. Game credits within the team include: Deadlight, Risen, Wanted: Weapons of Fate. We would like to talk you why is unique Red Goddess:
- Explore the mind a young goddess.
- Fight against the “dark thoughts” and an invisible enemy “The narrator”
- Possess and move elements of the planet to uncover the mysteries from the past of the main character
- Combination of brawl and platform action in an epic and compelling story.
We could resume the gameplay in the following points:
- Explore a mysterious Planetdominated by the subconscious mind of the main character. The narrator is a character who will lead the player, he’s mysterious and dangerous, he has the knowledge and the past holds the secret of Divine, the young goddess.
- Character ball gameplay, you can select only “half” of the main character (either Rage or Fear). The other half is inactive and appears as a ball. Once the alarm is activated the ball will turn against you.
- Unlock spectacular powers as: double jump, fly, and the power to slow motion. The player will have to find and collect memory crystals to unlock new skills and enter new zones.
- Possess and move elements of the planet to uncover the mysteries from the past of the main character.
- Switchfrom one of three characters to use different tools fighter (Divine, Fear and Rage).
We’re developing Red Goddess with the new “Unreal Engine 4”, we’re a six people team and soundtrack by Sonotrigger.
We would like to thank you all the support that we have received, after the successful campaign on Kickstarter in June 2014 (135% funded) and after we’ve been accepted into Steam Greenlight in only 10 days. It is set to release on Linux, Mac, PC, PS4, and Wii U in February 2015. Greetings and thank you for your support!!
Yannick Puig – Creative Director of Yanim Studio